Tuesday 17 March 2015

Berserker

I have been sent this wonderful sculpt by a young lad in Germany, Bennett. He is a mere 16 years old and has produced this wonderful sculpt. Very original, well thought out and something I wanted to paint.
To my delight he chose me to paint it for him.

Here he is so far, very much a WIP.
I am slowly getting the feel for this figure. So far I have been sketching about with my paints to get the feel I think is fitting.
Initially I went for a lighter skin tone but have changed this to a slightly bronzed skin tone. A bare chested warrior would surely have a decent tan?
I'm not 100% on the wolfskin though it is by no way finished. I am fancying a grey wolf but I think this will be undertones with dark browns.
Who knows I may change my mind but it will be interesting for me to see how this works out.
And a final thought to young Bennett, without whose great work we would be missing this adventure I painted the first Bennett sculpt...
Thanks my young mate.

2 comments:

  1. For 16 years old that's impressive. I like the way that the arm muscles on the axe swinging arm look bunched. He's got a bright future in sculpting ahead.
    Oh and great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For 16 years old that's impressive. I like the way that the arm muscles on the axe swinging arm look bunched. He's got a bright future in sculpting ahead.
    Oh and great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete